born March 11, 1954
- Dancin' Like We Did Before - Johnny Griffin & Judy Niemack Swing (medium)
- Eros - Julian Priester & Judy Niemack 7/4 even 8ths (African)
- He's A Man - Curtis Fuller & Judy Niemack Swing (groove - medium)
- Ice White Blues - Jeanfrançois Prins & Judy Niemack Latin (Funky)
- Like A Butterfly - Ronnie Mathews & Judy Niemack 3/4 swing (medium)
- Over The Brink - Julian Priester & Judy Niemack Swing (medium slow)
- Shot Of Blues Juice - Norman Simmons & Judy Niemack Swing (medium)
- Something To Say - Judy Niemack Swing (medium)
- With You - Idrees Sulieman & Judy Niemack Ballad
- You - Bob Brookmeyer & Judy Niemack Swing (medium up)
Acclaimed jazz vocalist Judy Niemack is a leader in jazz singing, vocal improvisation and pedagogy. She began her jazz studies in California with tenor saxophonist Warne Marsh as his first vocal student, which greatly influenced her scat style. Her debut album came in 1977, the same year she moved to New York. Since then, she has released 14 albums with the “Who’s Who” of jazz, including Fred Hersh, Kenny Werner, Kenny Barron, Sullivan Fortner, Cedar Walton, Jim McNeely, Billy Hart, Lee Konitz, Joe Lovano, and Peter Bernstein.
She is also a celebrated lyricist, writing lyrics to works by Norman Simmons, Elmo Hope, Dexter Gordon, Kenny Dorham and many more.
Her Hear It and Sing It! method books (Second Floor Music) are highly-respected tools for singers.
After moving to Europe in ’92, she started vocal jazz programs in Holland, Belgium and Spain, and in 1995 became the first Professor of Vocal Jazz in Germany. Judy continues to perform and teach masterclasses in Berlin, NYC and worldwide.