Bass Corner / Duos: Bass/Piano etc.
- Almost Everything - Don Friedman Swing (medium up)
- Ballad For Jaco - Jon Davis Ballad
- Blues Scam - Richard Wyands Swing (medium)
- Dee's Den - Richard Wyands Swing (medium)
- Midnight Creeper - Norman Simmons Swing (medium slow)
- Personal Space - Geoffrey Keezer Latin
- Red Sky Waltz - Don Friedman Swing (medium)
- Silk - Norman Simmons Swing (medium)
- So You Say - Cecilia Coleman Swing (medium up)
- Two Sides Of A Penny - Cecilia Coleman Swing (medium)
- Waltz For Marilyn - Don Friedman 3/4 swing (medium)
- Yes It Is - Richard Wyands Swing (medium)
- Double Decker - Don Sickler Groove (medium)
- Almost Christmas - Eddie Higgins & Roger Schore 3/4 swing (slow)
Daryl Johns was born in the Bronx and began playing bass at age seven with encouragement from his father, drummer Steve Johns, and his mother, saxophonist Debbie Keefe. Johns has studied with Chip Jackson and Dave Santoro. He has attended the Jazz in July program, the Vermont Jazz Center, and the Litchfield Jazz Camp. Johns sits in regularly around the New York area with musicians including Joe Lovano, Dave Liebman, and Randy Brecker. He also performs throughout New York and New Jersey with a trio of his peers. Johns was featured on a Fox television segment called “12-Year-Old Jazz Prodigy." Read more...
It’s not simply his abundant virtuosity that has made Christian McBride the most in-demand bassist of his generation. McBride consistently combines his deft musicianship with an innate ability to communicate his enthusiasm to an audience—a warm showmanship that transforms his own passion into infectious joy. It comes across whether he’s leading his own bands; sharing the stage with jazz legends like Sonny Rollins, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock or Pat Metheny; accompanying pop giants like James Brown, Sting or The Roots; or collaborating with classical masters like Kathleen Battle, Edgar Meyer or the Shanghai Quartet. Read more...
Kanoa Mendenhall was born in Yokohama, Japan and raised in Monterey, California. She grew up listening to jazz in the household, and was highly influenced by her father, jazz pianist Eddie Mendenhall. Kanoa started playing jazz and classical cello at age ten and the upright bass at age twelve. By age thirteen, she was playing regularly in the Monterey and San Francisco Bay areas, and has recorded and/or performed with musicians such as Lew Soloff, Allison Miller, the SFJAZZ Collective, Mark Sherman, Bruce Forman, Pheeroan akLaff, and Antonio Hart. Read more...