born May 7, 1947
- Big Brown Eyes - Tommy Turrentine & L. Aziza Miller Swing (medium)
- Garden In The Sand - Hank Mobley & Bebe Herring Latin (Bossa)
- Just A Little Boy - Sergio Mihanovich Ballad
- Reveling In The Beat - Gloria Cooper & Ira Gitler Latin (Bossa)
- Sea Breeze (vocal) - Jon Burr Latin (Samba)
- Something Unusual (vocal) - Sergio Mihanovich Swing (slow)
- Two Reflect As One - Michael Cochrane & Cheryl Pyle 3/4 swing (medium)
- Without You - Renee Rosnes & Shelley Brown Ballad
- You Never Leave My Mind - James Williams & Marc Ostrow Even 8ths
An impressive jazz pianist and vocalist who is also an esteemed academician, Dr. Cooper has had a lengthy and fruitful career as both a performer and an educator. She has performed with such musicians as Eddie Harris, Red Holloway, David “Fathead” Newman, Jimmy Witherspoon, and others. She is widely regarded for her sensitive accompaniment for vocalists like Meredith D'Ambrosio, Giacomo Gates, and Gloria Lynne. She earned her doctorate in music and education from Columbia University’s Teachers College in 1992.
Dr. Cooper is the editor of Sing JAZZ!, a collection of vocal lead sheets from Second Floor Music, and a co- author of Jazz Phrasing, A Workshop for the Jazz Vocalist. She is currently an Associate Professor of Music at Long Island University in Brooklyn, New York, where she leads the vocal jazz ensemble and chorus.