Pat 'N Chat – Hank Mobley
All selected items will be available for download after purchase.
- Recording: Hank Mobley - The Turnaround
- Recorded on: February 5, 1965
- Label: Blue Note (BLP 4186)
- Concert Key: F
- Vocal Range: , to
- Style: Swing (uptempo)
- Trumpet - Freddie Hubbard
- Tenor Sax - Hank Mobley
- Piano - Barry Harris
- Bass - Paul Chambers
- Drums - Billy Higgins
- Jeremy Pelt: Jeremy Pelt, trumpet; Danny Grisset, piano; Vincenzo Florio, bass; Marco Valeri, drums; live at Gregory's Jazz Club, Rome, 2014.
- Chuck Braman Quintet: Bill Mobley, trumpet; Dave Rickenberg, tenor sax; Cecilia Coleman, piano; Yosuke Inoue, bass; Chuck Braman, drums; live at Sweet Rhythm, NYC.
- Jess Koren Quintet: Mamelo Gaitanopoulos, trumpet; Jess Koren, tenor sax; Alec Katz, piano; Max Vater, bass; Yonatan Oleiski, drums; live at Tel Aviv Jazz Festival, 2005.
Starting with this album, you'll notice that Hank's musical horizons are widened, showing the influence of a new musical voice he's writing for, the incredible drummer Billy Higgins. Hank is one the great masters of writing for drummers. If you know Billy Higgins' playing, you'll hear immediately how Hank's music fits this marvelous drummer.
July 7, 1930 – May 30, 1986
Hank Mobley is one of the most acclaimed tenor saxophonists in modern jazz history. He is recognized by musicians and critics alike as one of the most important and eloquent jazz instrumentalists of all time. He recorded well over 100 of his own original compositions and left an indelible mark on the post-bop jazz scene. Read more...