Freddie Redd Project
Leader: Don Sickler
Label: jazzleadsheets.com (JLS 1021)
Recorded at the legendary Van Gelder Studio in Englewood Cliffs on January 4th, 2015.
Personnel: Trumpet - Don Sickler Tenor Sax - Elijah Shiffer Piano - Julius Rodriguez Bass - Nick Dunston Drums - Jeff BrillingerFreddie Redd is a marvelous composer and pianist who has been writing and playing for a long time, but unfortunately isn't that well known. He's been writing gems since the 1950s, but few have gained any real exposure or recognition. Our first goal is to change this situation by bringing you nine great titles that we recorded over a two-day session in 2015. By clicking on the arrows in front of each title below, you'll hear an excerpt of each. If you enjoy these excerpts, click on the song title to get more information about the uniqueness of each composition. Of course, you can get lead sheets or the recorded arrangements and play them with your own group, but you, and each member of your group, can also experience them with individual Minus You tracks (audio track minus only your instrument).
- Night At Nalen - Freddie Redd Swing (uptempo)
- Farewell To Sweden - Freddie Redd Swing (medium)
- 1:00 A.M. Standard Time - Freddie Redd Swing (medium)
- Blue Hour - Freddie Redd Swing (medium)
- Jolly Minor - Freddie Redd Swing (medium)
- Midnight Blue - Freddie Redd Swing (medium up)
- There I Found You - Freddie Redd Swing (medium)
- And Time Marches On - Freddie Redd Swing (medium)
- Fuego De Corazon - Freddie Redd Latin (Samba)